Storage for Any Compute, Any Scale
Simplify your infrastructure with a unified solution for block, file, and object storage with full programmability and support for any OS, hypervisor, or container. Predictably and dynamically scale storage performance and capacity with off-the-shelf x86 and ARM servers.
- Start with as few as three nodes and scale to 1000 or more
- Provision Block (iSCSI), File (NFS), and Object (Swift, S3) storage
- Deploy all-flash or hybrid SSD/HDD storage nodes
- Support any hypervisor including vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM and XenServer
- Support any container technology including Docker, CoreOS RKT, LXC
- Integrate directly with a complete set of RESTful APIs
Advanced Data Services
Customize your storage with a full range of enterprise storage services, fully selectable per-volume for a perfect fit with your applications.
Choose the features that deliver the performance, efficiency, resiliency, and data protection you require.
- Thin provisioning
- Encrypt360™ encryption in-use, in-flight, at-rest
- FlashFabric™ client and server-side flash/SSD caching
- Zero-impact volume snapshots & clones
- Inline deduplication & compression
- Storage virtualization
Storage Designed for Hybrid Cloud
Protect each of your applications with a unique disaster recovery policy and deliver seamless high availability with a storage cluster that spans multiple data centers or clouds.
Deploy software on-premise and in public clouds to create an implicitly hybrid storage system.
- Replicate up to six copies of data across sites
- Logically manage any number of locations as a single storage system
- Integrate public clouds like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Support active/active stretched clusters
- Failover automatically to ensure your applications are up 24×7
Hedvig's Two-tier Architecture Presents Cloud-like Scalability
Hedvig Storage Proxy
Client-side software that presents block, file, and object storage access to app hosts, accelerates read performance with flash caching, drives efficiency with deduplication, and secures data with encryption.
Hedvig Storage Service
A powerful, patented distributed systems engine that transforms commodity server nodes into an elastic, flexible enterprise-class storage system.
Hedvig Offers Flexible Options for Easy Deployment
Hedvig software deploys on a commodity server hardware delivering a low-cost enterprise storage platform that takes advantage of the latest processor, memory, flash, and disk advancements. Hedvig gives you the freedom to choose deployment options that best fit the requirements of your workloads.
Decouple storage ‘controller’ and ‘array’, forming an elastic storage cluster using commodity servers. Hedvig democratizes hyperscale infrastructure, making it available for mainstream enterprises, not just Internet giants.
Deploy storage ‘controller’ and ‘array’ on the same server, providing compute and storage in a single node. Freedom to select any hypervisor and ability to scale compute and storage together with the dynamic addition of new commodity servers.
Run Any Workload with Hedvig's Ecosystem Integrations
Flexible Options to Purchase the Best Solution for your Environment
Hedvig offers annual subscription and perpetual software licenses and pricing to give you the flexibility to purchase in the way that works best for your business. Hedvig software is available in three editions that deliver features and pricing tailored for primary, backup, and object-only storage deployments.
|Features||Primary Storage Edition||Backup & Archive Storage Edition||Object Storage Edition|
|Block storage (iSCSI)|
|File storage (NFS)|
|Object storage (S3, Swift)|
|Tunable replication factor (1-6)|
|Multi-Site, rack, and agnostic replication|
|Role-based access control (RBAC)|
|LDAP/Active Directory integration|
|NetBackup OST plugin|
|NetBackup S3 connector|
|Clustered file system support|
|Raw Device Mapping (RDM)|
|vSphere Web Client (vCenter) plugin|
|Docker Volume plugin|