Native Integration with OpenStack
Learn how Hedvig’s native integration with OpenStack works and enables you to set application-specific policies. Hedvig provides block and object storage for OpenStack via Cinder and Swift integrations.
Storage-as-a-Service Platform for OpenStack Cinder and Swift
Today’s enterprises need to move faster to capitalize on new opportunities and need a greater level of agility in provisioning applications and infrastructure. OpenStack provides a comprehensive set of software tools for building and orchestrating private and public clouds, helping organizations achieve a faster time-to-market with infrastructure-as-a-service automation.
The Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform designed with modern distributed systems DNA is a perfect fit for production OpenStack deployments, transforming commodity hardware into an elastic, resilient, modern storage solution that keeps pace with changing business requirements.
OpenStack Problems Solved with Hedvig
- In-place traditional storage solutions lack flexibility for OpenStack clouds.
- Open-source solutions like Swift/Ceph lack features and are too complex for enterprises.
- Lack of a hybrid solution with existing storage prevents seamless use of public cloud.
A 10 minute introduction to Hedvig
Why Choose Hedvig for OpenStack
- Cinder driver and Swift interfaces certified against latest OpenStack distributions.
- Built-in, multi-site replication overcomes limitations in Ceph and Swift.
- Support for VMware and Docker reduces complexity among heterogeneous IaaS platform.
Key Hedvig and OpenStack Features and Functions
- Native OpenStack Cinder and Swift support provides full block, file, and object interfaces
- Native integration into OpenStack Horizon for control of volume and container provisioning
- Instant snapshotting and zero-copy cloning for rapid creation of test volumes
- Thin provisioning, global dedupe, and compression for minimal data footprint
- Secure hybrid cloud support for movement of data from private and public clouds like AWS