Finally, A Cloud-Agnostic Storage Solution
As enterprises produce more and more data, many are turning to data storage containers like Docker, Kubernetes and Mesosphere. Yet the very solutions intended to simplify storage have made it more siloed and more complex.
Fifty-eight percent of organizations reported it took weeks to provision or acquire storage capacity for existing systems, according to Forrester Research.
Hedvig’s software-defined storage is a cloud-agnostic solution that allows IT professionals to easily program and provision storage in minutes instead of weeks, increasing the time to market for business applications. The Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform provides a full set of RESTful APIs that control all aspects of provisioning, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring. By providing point-and-click provisioning with granular virtual disk policy selection as well as instant cloning, Hedvig makes it easy to deploy storage for development followed by a seamless move to production. Cloud native applications and cloud first initiatives work seamlessly with Hedvig’s container provisioning.
Benefits of Hedvig Integrations With Docker, Kubernetes & More
- Persistent/location-aware, cloud-agnostic storage
- Instantly provision and tear down storage
- Set container-aware storage policies using virtual disk level attributes
- Improve time to market for developers
- Reduce costs for test and development environments
- Accelerate release times with orchestration and automated test/dev migration
Key Features of Hedvig Distributed Storage Integrations
- Easily add capacity when needed
- Deliver any type of storage - block, file and object storage
- Seamless integration and automation; ability to build self-service portals, custom apps and cloud integrations
- iSCSI, NFS, S3, and Swift support for development of traditional and emerging apps
- Instant snapshotting and zero-copy cloning for rapid creation of test volumes
- WebUI, CLI, and a full set of RESTful APIs for developer self-service
- Secure hybrid cloud support for movement of data from private and public clouds like AWS
Hedvig Container Integrations
- Docker - Hedvig provides unprecedented storage flexibility for Docker containers with a Docker Volume Plugin and support for Docker Datacenter, helping you meet all your storage performance, availability and scalability requirements with a single platform.
- Kubernetes - Provision storage from Hedvig and tie it directly to our container environment via Kubernetes. With our Kubernetes integration, you can provision virtual disks to be used by containers, see the amount of storage allocated and define the access mode.
- Mesosphere - The integration of Apache Mesos and Mesosphere orchestration platforms, with Docker containerization for applications and microservices, and Hedvig software-defined storage deliver easily composable infrastructure that enable enterprises to evolve and adapt services as requirements emerge.
- Red Hat - Hedvig’s Red Hat integration allows for portable, persistent storage, easy migration of data between your data center and public clouds and the ability to scale storage capacity as you grow.