36 Twitter handles every Docker & container enthusiast needs to follow
If you’ve read ourprevious blog post on Twitter influencers for storage admins, you know we love our social media at Hedvig. As we delved deeper into container technology, we found that when it comes to Docker – and containers, microservices, and DevOps in general – there are also many industry experts who readily share their insights about this new, exciting technology via Twitter.
Here at Hedvig, we are doing our part as well, working with ClusterHQ to provide enterprise developers with access to full-featured storage solutions for stateful applications that require more permanent data volumes.
Alas, it’s not just about us. Here are 36 experts that we think are the most active and helpful when it comes to learning about containers. Check them out and then click the Follow Container Twitterati button at this end of this post to follow all 36 in one swoop!
- Adrian Cockcroft, Battery Ventures –@adrianco
- James Turnbull, Kickstarter –@kartar
- James Governor, RedMonk – @monkchips
- Jessie Frazelle, Docker –@frazelledazzell
- Tim Crawford, AVOA – @tcrawford
- James Urquhart, SOASTA – @jamesurquhart
- Aaron Delp, The Cloud Cast – @aarondelp
- Randy Bias, EMC – @randybias
- Jeff Sussna, Ingineering.IT – @jeffsussna
- John Willis, Docker –@botchagalupe
- David Marshall, Vmblog –@vmblog
- Scott Fulton, The New Stack –@smfulton3
- Neil McAllister, The Register – @mcalllisterneil
- Alan Shimel, Container Journal and DevOps.com –@ashimmy
- Jérôme Petazzoni, Docker –@jpetazzo
- Solomon Hykes, Docker –@solomonstr
- Gene Kim, Energy Sector Security Consortium –@realgenekim
- Alexis Richardson, Weaveworks –@monadic
- Alex Polvi, CoreOS –@polvi
- Daniel Bryant, InfoQ –@danielbryantuk
- Derek Collison, Apcera –@derekcollison
- Kelsey Hightower, CoreOS/Kubernetes –@kelseyhightower
- Patrick Chanezon, Docker –@chanezon
- Arnaud Porterie, Docker – @icecrime
- Mark Davis, ClusterHQ –@markldavis
- Steve Francia, Docker – @spf13
- Bob Quillin, StackEngine –@bobquillin
- Erik Anderson, IBM – @TalkToErik
- Scott S. Lowe, VMware – @scott_lowe
- Sebastien Goasguen, Citrix – @sebgoa
- Val Bercovici, NetApp –@valb00
- Christopher Ferris, IBM –@christo4ferris
- Laura Frank, CenturyLink Labs –@rhein_wein
- Luke Marsden, ClusterHQ – @lmarsden
- Thorsten Heller, Greenbird Integration Technology– @thoheller
- Michael Hausenblas, Mesosphere – @mhausenblas
Special mention goes out to bonus 37th container expert: Gordon the Docker Turtle– the mascot of the Docker project and self-described evil mastermind. We hope to see more of him in the future.
We think these experts are some of the best in the business. While you’re at it, feel free to follow and chat with us at our own Twitter handle – @Hedviginc. We love hearing about the way companies are using containers and software-defined storage to make their applications more stately. As usual, this isn’t a complete and exhaustive list there may be container superstars popping up in Twitter right now. Feel free to tweet or leave comments below to let us know if we’re missing anyone.
In the meantime, click below to head over to our Twitter list of all 36 experts. You can follow ’em all in easy set of clicks!